International artist MARGARET HUNTER is running a 6 day drawing and painting course in Chamonix during the week 1-8 June 2013, based at Chalet Valhalla. The town of Chamonix and the magnificent surrounding landscape provide a wealth of subject matter for a structured, drawing and painting course that focuses on creative awareness and visual thinking.
The course sets out to immerse the student in the whole experience of a special place. There will be analysis of the subject though direct observational drawing as well as a range of exercises working from still life and the landscape, including spontaneous sketches resulting in a more liberated and energized style.
These initial drawings form the basis of imaginative compositional ideas to be used for a final painting. During the week we will discuss the expressive effects of composition as well as colour, quality of line, and the importance of tone and contrast. This ‘step-by-step’ course is designed to engender skills which can unleash the imagination to enable students to make their own distinctive images.
Some experience is an advantage but the course is also suitable for those beginners who are open and willing to ‘have a go’!
Cost to include
• course fee
• return airport transfers Geneva/Chamonix/Geneva
• chalet accommodation
• linen, towels and bathrobes
• welcome drinks on arrival
• continental breakfast
• help yourself lunch or packed picnic, tea and coffee
• 4 course dinner with wine on 5 of the 7 nights, leaving you the opportunity to sample some of the local restaurants on two evenings
• representative service to help with local arrangements
• minibus service for daily drop off / pick up within the Chamonix valley
Accommodation in shared room with course - £960
Accommodation in sole occupancy room with course - £1245
Non painting partner in shared room- £660
Course only including lunch - £450
Please contact us for more information or to make a reservation.